London & Home Counties Branch Nominee.
Grew up in Leigh-on-Sea witnessed the decline of NMSPCo, GSNCo and the two disastrous seasons of PS Queen of the South.
During family holidays also sailed on Embassy, Glen Usk and Bristol Queen. Joined the Society in 1966 but lapsed a year later, re-joined during late 1990’s, became Branch Secretary and joined Council in 2007.
Retired Chartered Builder having run a small family construction company, the last of four generations involved in the business.
Other Society Positions/Responsibilities
- Archive Trustee responsible for the day to day operation of the archive
- Data Controller
- London & Home Counties Branch Secretary
Positions held not associated with PSPS
- Member, The Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB)
- Member, Museums Association (MA)
- Member, Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- Past Chairman and Treasurer of local branch of Federation of Master Builders (FMB)