PSPS Publicity Officer (Voluntary Position)
The Paddle Steamer Preservation Society (PSPS) is Britain’s longest established, largest and most successful steamship preservation group. The PSPS currently seeks to appoint a Society member as Publicity Officer to raise public awareness of the Society with the intention of increasing the Society’s membership.
The Publicity Officer will liaise with members of the Society’s Council of Management (Trustee/Directors of the Society) and can attend the Council of Management meetings of which there are four per year plus the Annual General Meeting.
Purpose of Position
- To effectively market and promote the Society to attract new members and to retain current members.
- To act as the key person in communicating with the media in order to increase and widen public awareness of the Society and its aims, objectivities, activities and achievements.
- Liaise with and present to the Society’s Council of Management and Membership sub group.
- Establish links with local and national press to gain publicity for events and activities.
- Produce and issue press releases to communicate events/activities and achievements.
- Foster links with other organisations of a similar nature.
- Assist in the production of printed publicity materials such as posters, membership leaflets, flyers etc.
- Contribute to the Society website and Facebook account.
- Assist as required with publicity stands at local events.
Personal Skills Required
- Enthusiastic, friendly and approachable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Well organised and good time management.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- IT Skills – preparing materials for publishing and commercial printing.
- Be able to work within an agreed budget.
To apply, or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.